While my primary business area is consulting, I’m also a freelance writer, blogger, copywriter and podcaster creating articles, blog posts, white papers, audio podcasts and other online content, especially on technology topics to explain often-complex concepts in simple terms.
With my own blog and weekly business podcast (For Immediate Release: The Hobson and Holtz Report, now in its ninth year), I analyse and discuss trends, behaviours and practices in digital communication to help you understand what they mean for people and organizations.
I do occasionally write directly for publications and create guest posts for other blogs, but my keener interest and focus is on creating and curating content for client organizations.
- Feature stories and articles on client products and services for trade publications and/or mainstream media, bylined or ghost-written.
- Blog posts, features, interviews and other content for clients’ use on their own and others’ blogs; and in intranets and other internal networks.
- Online training material for employees, such as structured content for e-learning systems; informal documents for employee self-service on-demand learning including presentation decks and explanatory text and audio-visual content; material tailored for the use of employee trainers (“train the trainer”).
- Audio- and video-script writing and editing.
- Repurposing legacy text content to give it new life – for example, marketing, sales, corporate and other material where the text content itself is largely still relevant but the presentation format (design, mainly) is out of date or otherwise unusable; or, for example, where the need is to present printed content for a digital medium especially for use on the social web.
- Helping you understand and deploy content curation tools and channels.
Whatever your writing need, I’d welcome discussing with you how I can help you. Here’s how to reach me: